When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Fuck..?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 36]

6 Re: The Fuck..? on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:00 am

The unexpected tap jolts me from the task at hand, my head turning quickly expecting to find Mairon standing behind me. But he's not, and it takes a long moment to process the stranger standing in his place. 

Scrambling upright, I shake my head at him as his lips move frantically, the movements refusing to register as I try to focus harder. Stop, I think, Please, stop! The vibration of a whine builds in my chest as I reach a hand up to stop him, trying to make sense of his frenzied speech and the bag he keeps clutching at as he looks at me pleadingly. What little bits of words I can make out, they're not offering any context. 

"Stop!" I finally bark, "I can't understand you!" I urge, reaching up to pat my ears before calling back to the house, "Mairon!"

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

7 Re: The Fuck..? on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:17 am

"S-sorry..?" I say hesitantly, the woman's speech discernible, but oddly garbled and muffled - as though she's speaking through her nose. I look at her quizzically before registration dawns on me just as another figure emerges from the cottage. Deaf. She's fucking deaf.

"Winifred?" the other figure - Mairon? - calls as he steps out into the garden. I tense visibly as I shuffle away from the woman, my eyes widening as they go to the shovel clutched in the man's hand. So much for bears, I groan inwardly. I'm going to be beaten to death with a shovel for startling some guys deaf girlfriend.

For some reason, the man never turns his attention on me, though. He remains fixated on the woman as he frowns in her direction. And there's something odd in the way he moves, something that doesn't quite register until I notice the and of the shovel swinging slightly in front of the man, the rusted metal clanging on the moss covered stones of the low walls every now and then.

Of course! Lju robbed a fucking blind man and his deaf girlfriend. Fucking perfect.

View user profile

8 Re: The Fuck..? on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:24 am

"There's a boy," I say, the vibrations in my chest soft, something I remain conscious of even with the stranger before me. Volume is important to Mairon, and something I've worked hard to stay mindful of as I watch him make his way towards me, a look of concern and disdain painted across his face. 

"He looks scared."

9 Re: The Fuck..? on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:33 am

I grimace a little as I notice the man's demeanor harden, his head cocking toward me as my nervous shuffling shifts the stones beneath my feet. My fingers have long since gone numb as they cling to the bag held to my chest.

"What do you want??" Mairon finally spits out, his patience clearly running out as I continue to stare between the two of them voicelessly. "Are you lost? The road is back that way. Go right to get to the closest town."

"I - n-no," I finally force out, my jaw clenching self-consciously as I try to gain control of my tongue. "No," I say more forcefully. "I'm not lost. I-," my voice fails me again as I glance at Winifred with a frown before prying my arms from my chest to hold out the bag uselessly. "I think my friend stole some things from you last night."

View user profile

10 Re: The Fuck..? on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:37 am

Reaching out to take the bag, I glance towards Mairon before opening it to look inside to the wilted and crushed bundle of various herbs, frowning as I reach in to pull a few out and turning them over in my head. 

"Looks like what went missing," I say as I look up at Mairon, handing the bag off to him before glancing to the boy curiously. He's watching me closely, but I can't quite piece together why he'd return what he'd stolen. "Why did you take these?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum