When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poor Life Decisions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:09 am

"Very worth it," I purr in response, sinking against his chest as the water splashes against my side lazily. My body aches as I relax against him, my head settling against his shoulder while the soaped rag floats forgotten beside us.

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

127 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:15 am

"Mmm," I hum contently as I wrap my arms around her, my cheek settling against her hair. I don't know how long we sit like this, but by the time she moves again, my head is foggy with sleep and the water has chilled a bit, though I'm not certain I've actually fallen asleep or just lingered on the edge of sleeping.

View user profile

128 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:24 am

A shiver pulls me back to the present, my limbs trembling against the man beneath me as I lift my head groggily. 

"I'm freezing," I whine quietly, sitting up as he stirs in the chilled water. It takes more effort that I'd have liked to get my bearings and brace myself on the edge of the tub to rise, the stranger's hands supporting me as I crawl out of the water. I can hear the water slosh behind me as I wrap a towel around myself, the pipes groaning as the stopper is unplugged and they drain the stale bath. 

"I don't think I've slept in two days," I admit with a weak laugh, looking back at him as I wring my hair out, my entire body shivering at this point.

129 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:27 am

"I should let you sleep, hm?" I ask through a yawn, my muscles shivering as I stretch in the cold water before working my way to my feet. I feel unsteady as I reach for a towel and climb out of the tub to begin srying myself off.

View user profile

130 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 am

"It was the point of my getting the room." I grin, my attention pulling from him as I hear a curt knock in the other room. My shoulders sag a bit as I hear Art grumble about coming in outside, the door to the hall opening before I can even make it out of the bathroom. 

"You got little girl in hallway." Art grunts, his gruff demeanor pointed as he looks around the room.

"Great," I force a smile as he nods, and I see Raefiya's face poke from around the door frame. "I got her, thank you, Art." 

The large man leaves with that, his hand running over Rae's head fondly before he disappears into the hall. I look at my niece sadly as I grab a chair from the room's worn writing desk and set it in front of her before reaching over to shut the door. 

"What's up, love?" I ask softly, taking a seat as I reach to catch her hand, pulling her to stand before me. 

"You need to come home," She says sadly, though she still looks around the room curiously. 

"Is your daddy still there?" I ask, leaning over to catch her gaze, "Did something happen?"

"No, but he's still home and he makes Mum sad and he acts funny." She answers clumsily, looking at me guiltily. "I want to stay with you but you're not there, and I know I can't go out alone but Mum went to sleep with Evan and Daddy's asleep and I couldn't find you."

"You're not supposed to go out alone, don't you remember when those funny hunters grabbed you, love? What if they did it again and no one knew where you were?" I frown sharply, cupping her cheek in my hand as I look her over. "You're a stubborn little rabbit, ya know that?"

"I'm sorry," She says dejectedly, leaving me to pull her close enough so I can kiss her forehead before sitting back.

"Don't be, not to me anyway. Your mum's going to be mad enough without me adding to it." I smile lightly, "Sit here, I'll get ready, we'll go home."

Rae takes my seat once I rise, and I leave her there to scoop up my clothes - as well as the stranger's - and head back towards the bathroom.

131 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 pm

By the time Nell returns with the clothes, I'm well dried and very alert with the familiar voice in the other room. I offer Nell a faint smile when she comes in, taking my clothes gratefully.

"Your niece?" I ask as though I don't already know.

View user profile

132 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm

"Yeah," I sigh, shutting the door behind me as I finish drying off so I can dress. "The rooms paid for, if you want to not sleep on a stoop tonight.

"I'm going to bring her home, so it's yours. Just turn the keys into Art whenever you leave." I add with a huff as I wiggle back into my leggings, wasting no time before I pull on my shirt and grab my skirt. "You can leave my jam with him, too" I grin, pausing as I look at him with a little smile. 

"I had fun, though, sir." I smile, stepping towards him as I rest my hands against his chest. "If you happen through the city again, I hope I run into you."

133 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:10 pm

"I'll see that you do," I grin as I put a hand on her hip before leaning in to place a familiar kiss on her neck. "Next time, I'll bring you some of my favorite food. It's probably not good with jam."

View user profile

134 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:20 pm

"Everything is good with jam," I smirk, giggling slightly as his five o'clock shadow tickles my neck, "we could place a wager on it..."

135 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:26 pm

"Oh no," I laugh quickly as I step back and shake my head, my hands held up to fend her off. "I'm not going to piss right for a week already, thank you. You can put jam on yours and I'll just smile and nod."

View user profile

136 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:34 pm

"Oh?" I laugh as I reach out to grab the waist of his pants, tugging him closer again as our chests brush, my fingers teasing against the skin of his hips, "Well, you need to spend some time recovering because next time we cross paths, it's my turn."

137 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:46 pm

"Really now?" I can't help the excited sort of giggle that solicits as I grin at her and wind my arms around her waist. "Well, when you put it that way, I'll be sure to get plenty of rest."

View user profile

138 Re: Poor Life Decisions on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:58 pm

"Mmhmm," I purr, kissing at his jaw before I step away and in front of the mirror to brush my hands through my hair. Glancing at him in the mirror, I smile lightly as I finish preening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum