When Worlds Fall

Sordid Nation 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Thing Called Loyalty

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

26A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:45 pm

The subtle rush of energy, where his skin meets mine, helps ease my shoulders a bit as I look at him, offering him a soft smile.

"I can count on one hand the number of people I've done this with," I admit, my gaze falling to our hands as I turn my wrist so his hand settles comfortably over my own, "And I knew them all for more than a few short days before it happened."

View user profile http://sordidnations.forumotion.com

27A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:51 pm

"Mm," I nod my understanding as I look her over thoughtfully. "This betrayal can't have been easy for you. I'm sorry you had to go through this."

View user profile

28A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:17 pm

“I really would rather not talk about that,” I breathe quietly, “Not today.”

29A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:23 pm

"Then lets not," I say lightly, scooting forward slightly as I let my fingers trial up the inside of her arm, a tickle of calming energy following my fingertips. "Tell me what you'd like me to do."

View user profile

30A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:36 pm

My fingers wrap around his arm, abruptly stopping it’s ascent as I stiffen uncomfortably.

“J-just... wait,” I say through gritted teeth, taking in a shaking breath as I sit back and pull my arm from his touch. “Just sit up here.”

31A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:04 am

"Sorry," I say apologetically, trying not to let the heat rise to my cheeks as I do as she instructs and take a seat on the couch. "I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do..."

View user profile

32A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:19 am

“No, you’re fine,” I smile weakly, trying to bring a softness to my voice as I watch him settle awkwardly beside me. I find myself looking at him more closely, noticing how much less worn he was than I’d thought. Reaching up, I gently tuck the wet tendrils of hair behind his shoulder, exposing his throat. Just the simple gesture leaves a painful tug in my chest, my jaws aching with hunger.

33A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:30 am

All the effort I'd put into calming myself evaporates as I feel my heart skip wildly at the touch, at the way her eyes linger on my throat. There's a rush of excitement that's tainted with a little tickle of fear as I try to push away the image of the only other vampires I had come across - vampires that had shared that same look. Without realizing it, I find myself frozen in place, waiting for whatever happens next.

View user profile

34A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:14 am

The pounding of his heart rings in my ears, skipping nervously as I scoot closer to bridge the gap between us. My own chest is tight with anxiety as I lean in towards him. His smell is muddled under the fragrances of my own soaps, but it’s there. A soft musk that’s getting stronger as his pulse picks up and leaves my mouth watering. I can feel the warmth of his skin, I’ve gotten so close, and my eyes close against the proximity.

I reach across to hold the far side of his neck as my lips brush against his skin, planting a soft kiss on the pulsing there. The jolt that sends through him radiates against the spots where our skin meets, and I hesitate before opening my mouth against his throat. It’s electric when my fangs graze his skin, and the sensation twists uncomfortably as I pull back to drop my head on his shoulder weakly.

35A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:24 am

I inhale sharply at her hesitation, a feeling of relief and disappointment tangling in my gut as I feel my heart bouncing wildly in my chest. I can't help but scoot a tiny bit closer to her, my hand finding something to squeeze as I try to communicate the invitation to continue.

View user profile

36A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:02 am

His hand tangles over mine, clasped against his chest, as I try to regain composure. My nose stings and my eyes are thick with angry and defeated tears, something I hope to hide. His heart beats heavily against my hand, the rhythm matching my own as I lift my head again.

I move more quickly this time, not allowing myself a moment to think as I press my lips back to his flesh, my fangs sinking in roughly. I can’t contain the keening moan rising in my chest as I taste the warmth of his blood on my tongue, the richness of magic igniting my thirst further.

37A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:14 am

The sharpness of her bite threatens to ruin the moment, the center I'd found becoming hazy and difficult to hold onto as I work to steady my breathing. Sylviane seems unaware of the slow, ragged breaths as I work to center myself again before I pull her in closer, my hand finding her thigh as she slides onto my lap. Any hesitation she seemed to have has apparently disappeared as I feel her grinding against my hips.

I focus on this new sensation as I try to ignore the draining feeling that sends my heart beating wildly with an uncomfortable mixture of panic and arousal. Everything in my body resists the release of magic and energy that I let seep out at every point of contact between our flesh, the inky color of my forearms draining to the paleness of skin as the marks there creep back down to my hands.

View user profile

38A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:30 am

It takes more willpower than I care to admit to slow my hunger, my tongue pressing forcefully against the wounds in his neck to slow the flow as I listen to the growing unsteadiness of his heart beat. It's happened sooner than I'm used to, and I groan longingly as I reach up to press my hand over the bite as I withdraw. My limbs are alight with energy, and my hips are still moving gently against the pressure he presents between my legs.

39A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:44 am

I do what I can to hide the shakiness of my hands as I wind my arms around her back, the frantic fluttering of my heart no doubt betraying my weakness in spite of me. I find comfort burying my face in the crook of her neck and abandoning myself to the sensation of her weight on top of me, the heat of the moment masking the unsteady panting of my breath.

View user profile

40A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:48 am

The weight of his arms wrapping around me brings a tightness to my chest, the all-too-familiar anxiety pooling there despite the high still lingering from the feed. 

"Stop," I breathe, wiggling uncomfortably as the coarseness of his stubble brushes my neck, causing me to pull from him sharply. "Stop!" I say more forcefully as I push off of him, backing onto my feet clumsily and looking everywhere but at Aoifa. 

"I'll get you something for the bleeding-" I mumble quickly, still avoiding eye contact as I step around his feet, heading for the bathroom.

41A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:08 pm

"Okay," I respond thickly, my head feeling foggy as I try to focus on what she's saying. I feel... uncomfortable. Like I should be aware of some key part of what had just happened, but I didn't quite catch it as it was happening. I just know that one minute she was there, and the next she wasn't. Had I done something wrong again?

The room fades in and out as I try to concentrate on the question, but the only thing I seem capable of focusing on is the warm, wet sensation on my hand. I pull it away from my neck in confusion, and stare down at the red there with a blank expression on my face. I can feel my heart skip wildly as I remember what I'd just done, the hazy state of my mind leaving me feeling panicky as I notice the blackened tips of my fingers - the only trace of magic left in my system after I'd given it all away. The relief from her stone is gone, and I realize all at once that the blurriness of the room and the darkness that goes in and out is my vision failing, not just my teetering consciousness.

"I need to eat," I announce suddenly as I go to get up, entirely unaware of the wet warmth at my neck growing larger with the frantic beating of my heart.

View user profile

42A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:15 pm

I return from the bathroom with a towel and medkit in hand, both nearly dropping as I startle at Aoifa unsteadily getting to his feet.

"Wait," I frown, hurrying to his side so I can grab his arm, "Sit, please," I urge further, struggling to focus, myself, on getting him situated as the intoxicating scent of his blood floods my senses. It's pouring down his front in one thin stream, the mouth opening wider as it soaks into the fabric of his shirt. It's all I can do to ignore the painful aching in my fangs, pressing the towel against his front and neck as I force him to sit back down.

43A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:35 pm

It takes everything I have not to panic and fight back as she forces me back down, the pounding in my ears now turning to a ringing that muffles everything she's saying to me. I can barely focus on her face as the blurring in my vision intensifies, the edges going darker as the sense of panic gnaws away at the edges of my self-control.

"Am I panicking?" I ask at last, my shaking voice sounding alien on my numb lips. "That's all this is, I'm just panicking. Everything is fine."

View user profile

44A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:53 pm

“Relax,” I say softly, kneeling beside him on the couch as I pull his hand up to hold the towel in place so I can prep some bandages.

“I got carried away, I’m so sorry,” I frown, unable to sit still as my hands tremble as they work. My entire body feels like it’s teeming with excited energy, and it’s the anxious beating of Aoifa’s heart that keeps me as grounded with guilt. Feeding from him was unlike the ones before. It left me hungry, but for him as a person. His smell, his feel, his voice. Hungry for things I didn’t allow myself, things I couldn’t allow myself.

I finished cleaning his neck, applying the bandages once I’d saturated the wound in a numbing agent. Elyse always complained of the pain, though she rarely needed bandages after. I’d been too eager with Aoifa, too clumsy.

“There’s a bit left from before, can you make it to the table..?”

45A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:05 pm

I nod vaguely, my fingers lingering on everything they touch as I seek out what energy I can find, my fingers practically vibrating with the need for more. Sylviane's skin feels like its on fire with the amount of magic she has pumping through her veins, and I have to remind myself that giving that to her was the entire point of this evening as I stop myself from taking it back.

Instead, I let her guide me unsteadily over to the table where I practically inhale the food. It tastes even better now than it had earlier, and even after it's gone, I'm left with a gnawing pit in my stomach. But my pulse seems to even out, and the darkness around my vision fades a bit.

"I don't think you're the one that got carried away," I finally confess as I nurse a cup of coffee the slender woman had brought me. "The closest thing I had to compare this to would be another kind of energy transfer I've experimented with in the past... but usually, I'm the recipient of such rituals. I'd felt so good after using that stone, I thought I had more to spare than I did, and I just... overdid it, I think."

View user profile

46A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:21 pm

"That explains the high..." I sigh, lingering just beside him as I look him over. The blackened marks on his arms have shrunk to just beyond the knuckles of his fist, bringing a frown to my lips as I glance back around the apartment. I want to offer him something more, something of substance to ease his discomfort, but if I were to attempt a stone now, it'd almost certainly explode from the volatile and erratic magic looking for it's home inside me. It doesn't help the urge to touch him is burning high inside of me, but it's an urge I fight as I step away from him and into the bedroom. 

His heartbeat is still the soundtrack of the evening as I pace the bedroom, trying to remember the various areas Elyse and her friend had ransacked the night before. I've hidden stones in this apartment for half a century, there's no way they'd found them all. My lingering arousal is just nervous energy now as I tug my mattress from the wall only to find nothing, turning on my heels to head for the stack of old luggage in the corner. It's the middle suitcase that yields what I'm looking for. A small box of old jewelry I'd made decades ago. A bib necklace littered with jewels carved from my stones. 

"Here," I make my way out of the bedroom, holding the necklace out to him as I come to stand before him. "You said the stones helped."

47A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:26 pm

"But-," my eyes widen as I take the jeweled necklace from her uncertainly. "I don't want to ruin something you worked so hard on," I protest feebly as I turn the necklace over in my hands.

View user profile

48A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:30 pm

"It's meaningless to me," I say softly, offering him an anxious smile, "You said the stones made you feel better. Take them."

49A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:38 pm

"You're sure?" I ask uncertainly, waiting until she's given me a nod of approval before I hold my hand out over the piece. I grimace a bit as I realize that I don't even have the energy for that, my hand dropping to touch the stones so that I can absorb their magic more passively.

View user profile

50A Thing Called Loyalty - Page 2 Empty Re: A Thing Called Loyalty on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:45 pm

"Do you need anything else?" I ask after a moment, moving to sit on the edge of the coffee table. I'm still fidgeting, my nails picking at themselves as I watch him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum